Assistant Director of Finance
Four Seasons Hotel Casablanca is looking for an Assistant Director of Finance, if you want to join to a young and enthusiastic team, you are in the right place !
- Plan, organize, lead and control different projects and activities within the finance team.
- Identify coaching moments and ensure that those moments become opportunities of learning and development for the Finance team.
- Establish a rapport with the Finance team and other divisions within the hotel.
- Have a global working perspective and excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Have the ability to supervise the day-to-day duties of the Finance team and assist as necessary.
- Hold monthly department meetings with Accounting Staff to ensure communication and address any issues that are affecting the team.
- Participate in and develop staff training programs in order to minimize staff turnover and maintain high morale. Particular emphasis should be given to those individuals qualifying for future advancement.
- Supervise, train and motivate department staff to thoroughly understand all of their duties and responsibilities.
- Thoroughly understand and possess a working knowledge of the Accounting & Finance Manual
- Excellent understanding of Month-End Process including, but not limited to, preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Coordinate, observe and prepare all operating equipment and supply inventories in accordance with corporate policies and as directed by the Director of Finance.
- Prepare Daily Cash Position report and maintain the highest level of investment of excess funds in accordance with corporate guidelines as prescribed in the Accounting & Finance Manual.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of all local, state and federal tax returns and other reporting (including 80-20 rule reporting) on a timely basis.
- Ensure rent expense is calculated accurately per the terms of the Management Agreement, Leasehold Agreement or Easement Agreement and that payments are made or the outstanding liability for the rent accrual exists and is accurate.
- Ensure the outstanding liability for all revenue/profit related fees (i.e. Management Fees, Incentive Fees, Marketing Fees, Advertising Fees, and Royalty Fees) is accurate and complies with the respective Management Agreement(s).
- Ensure strict access controls over unused cheques to prevent improper or unauthorized use of the documents and ensure there is segregation of duties in place to safeguard the writing and voiding of negotiable bank cheques.
- Ensure post-departure credit card credit allowances are performed only by accounting and all such allowances are reviewed and signed per the SR-5 by Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance and all “Unmatched Credits” reports provided by credit card processing company are reviewed/scrutinized by DOF monthly and retained by the Director of Finance.
- Approve all journal entries with supporting documentation (as appropriate) and ensure all non-standard, non-recurring entries are countersigned by Director of Finance.
- Ensure the system is set up to prevent month end closing without all journal entries being posted, updated or otherwise entered into the General Ledger.
- Ensure that monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts are prepared and all bank reconciliations are countersigned by Director of Finance on a monthly and on a quarterly basis; Director of Finance approves all reconciliations paying special attention to reconciling items.
- Coordinate and facilitate external and internal audits.
- Monitor and control expenses of the hotel paying special attention to the daily reporting done by the auditor of the hotel and addressing issues that not only have material effect, but also effect the guest experience.
- Ensure that House Funds and Floats Counts are up to date and limit any kind of exposure that would affect the profitability.
- Assist the Director of Finance in Forecasting/Budgeting
- Ensure gains/losses on the sale/disposal of fixed assets are properly disclosed and recorded on the Statement of Changes in financial position (SR-25 where applicable) and on the P&L statement.
-Education: High school education or equivalent experience.
-Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years as Chief Accountant or Assistant Director of Finance
-Fluent in English and either Arabic or French
-Highest level of integrity and transparency
-Strategic, analytical and have solid business acumen.
Leisure Sales Manager
Travel Industry Sales Manager is responsible for business generation as it relates to prospecting and securing FIT accounts on behalf of the hotel in accordance with the goals and strategies outlined in the annual Marketing Plan and in concert with WSO effort. Position is also responsible for soliciting and securing business from Group Segments. LSMs are accountable for ensuring quotas and goals are met and to ensure that direct sales activities are focused on generating the highest possible RevPAR for the overall hotel’s success. This position requires a high degree on independent judgement and discretion on decision making.
Retrouvez nos offres d'emploi et conseils en recrutement sur